Is "the new meta" popular now? SCOPE.GG continues the series of articles "Shoot like a PRO", which tells about the features of weapons in CS:GO, its' recoil, and the types of shooting. Next up are SG 553 and AUG.
Why do I need this article?
- learn more about each weapon in the game, its features and chips that will help improve shooting
- understand the spray patterns of each individual weapon and learn more control it
- you will learn how to analyze your own spray and bring it to perfection
The fall of a legend or why the SG 553 became a situational device after losing its popularity
SG 553-is one of two fully automatic assault rifles with a scope available in the game. Available only when playing as an attack.
The main feature of the SG 553 is the already mentioned optical sight, which has the possibility of magnification, which helps in aiming.
The use of the scope also gives a certain advantage in the game at longer distances in the attack, making the SG 553 rifle an excellent niche device between full-fledged assault and sniper rifles. However, the high cost, unusual spray pattern and, of course, the recent damage fix, rate of fire make the SG 553 quite a situational device.
Cost in the game - $3000
SG 553 fire damage
- It has a high accuracy of the first shot
- It has an optical sight that helps when playing at long distances
- It has the fastest reload among all rifles of the class
- Kills in the head with the first shot, regardless of the level of the enemy's armor (the only automatic weapon in the game)
- It has a rather complex spray pattern
- It is a fairly heavy rifle that reduces the player's movement speed
- Has a low movement speed “in the scope”
- It has more recoil than the AK-47
SG 553 shooting features
A rifle used on the defensive side is also ideal for attacking. Without a sight, it is most effective at medium distances, and with the use of a sight - at long distances. The best type of shooting is taping or a short burst - up to 2-3 bullets.
The first shot is very accurate, which makes it easy to kill with one in the head even at a considerable distance. This is also due to a slight loss of damage at a distance - an average of 0.11 HP for every 100 units.
Be careful when using the scope for a long time. You may be very surprised by the enemy who may be waiting for you from the side or from behind.
Watch out for shotguns at close range and AUG-at medium-range. These weapons are most effective against a player using SG 553.
Should I spray from SG 553? How the IMB cannon once became completely useless in the clamp
2019 is the year that CS players play:GO dubbed the "SG 553 era & AUG" ended with an unexpected fix for both the first and second rifles.
Take a look at the imbalance that the SG 553 could have caused in the hands of a professional.
The SG 553, which has an incredible rate of fire, relatively low cost and one of the lightest spray patterns among assault rifles available when playing as an attack, lost almost all of its advantages after the fix in the spring of 2020.
Reduced rate of fire and accuracy negated the ability to effectively spray from SG 553 at short and medium distances.
The modified spray pattern perfectly demonstrates the minimal effectiveness of this type of shooting.
And even a person with an almost unrealistic ability to control the spread of SG 553 is likely to face a lot of problems when using spray as the main type of shooting.
The SG 553's accuracy drops quickly when shooting with spray and remains about the same level as the first Negev bullets. Use short bursts of fire to keep the scatter in its normal position, without "pinching" it.
At the moment, the rifle is the most situational device that experienced players prefer. Therefore, it makes almost no sense to buy it.
In addition, the accuracy of the SG 553 drops rapidly when shooting with spray and remains approximately at the level of accuracy of the first bullets fired from Negev. Use short bursts of fire to keep the scatter in its normal position, without "pinching" it.
A great replacement for the usual M4. Why do you need to train AUG right now
AUG - an assault rifle with a telescopic sight, available for purchase only for the defense side.
It has average characteristics compared to powerful rifles like the AK-47 in terrorists, but thanks to the same optical sight as the SG 553, it has a number of important advantages that level the difference in damage. Accurate enough at medium and long distances, AUG is gaining more and more popularity among players even after the famous fix.
The cost in the game is$3,300
Damage when firing AUG
- It has a high accuracy of the first shot
- It has an optical sight that increases its mobility and increases accuracy at long and medium distances.
- Kills in the head with the first shot, even if the enemy has a helmet (but only at close range).)
- It has a relatively long cooldown time (3.8 seconds at 3.1 for the M4).)
- It costs more than other assault rifles for the defense side ($200 more expensive than the M4)
- It has a disproportionately high spray spread
- It has a fairly low damage to armored targets, with the exception of the hit to the head
Features of shooting from AUG
AUG is the most effective weapon for defense: it is most effective at medium and long distances when firing short bursts of 3-4 bullets. The scope of this rifle helps to increase mobility at long distances, but shooting in the scope is on average less accurate than from the hip. AUG can be called a "pumped" M4 with less damage.
Keep in mind that using the scope at close range increases your vulnerability and reduces the viewing angle. use the scope at a close distance from the enemy, as it reduces the side vision. It is most effective to use the sight from cover. This method will help you stay a challenging target for your opponent longer, especially at medium distances.
It is worth noting that the AUG has reduced damage to unarmored targets compared to other assault rifles, but its good armor penetration against opponents with body armor and even a helmet makes the AUG a unique weapon that can kill with a single headshot.
Keep in mind that AUG has a long recharge time and only recharge when absolutely necessary. Meeting an enemy while reloading will leave you with no chance of survival.
As with the SG 553, watch out for close-range shotguns.
What you should know about spray from AUG. Why you should train this rifle now
Returning to the same famous fix in early 2020, it is worth noting that the changes in AUG did not have such a critical impact on its use. In addition, the beginning of 2021 demonstrates that even professional players in some cases prefer AUG to the same M4.
If we talk about the spray, then its spray pattern was not significantly changed and remained similar to M4.
After the update, AUG received improved accuracy when shooting standing, while losing in this characteristic when shooting sitting with a scope.
To have the best chance of shooting an opponent, you need to be aware of the spray pattern from AUG.
Let's start with shooting without a scope
This is what 30 bullets fired from AUG without recoil control look like.
In the GIF above, you can see the Superman shooting. Perfect control of each of the 30 bullets. A useful visual guide to train your recoil control.
Accordingly, this is what 30 bullets look like without recoil control and with its perfect control, but already when shooting in the scope.
A few typical tips for shooting from AUG:
- Spray from AUG is extremely effective when using a scope. Spray without using the scope is not always recommended, except when opponents are at a very close distance.
- Using the scope when spraying reduces the recoil of the weapon.
- Do not forget about the excellent armor penetration AUG. Aim for the head.
- An effective type of shooting “from the hip " is a queue of 3-4 bullets.
- It is important to remember that when controlling the spray from AUG, it is necessary to repeat the shape of the English letter “L” with the mouse, which will allow you to hit most of the bullets fired as accurately as possible. Use this trick when training to maximize your shooting skills with this assault rifle.
And that's how the spray from AUG can be useful at various distances.
Practice AUG shooting on various types of training maps, as well as on DM servers. You can learn more about the types of training that are suitable for this assault rifle in the article about the AK-47.
Register on the SCOPE.GG. For convenience, we left the button at the bottom of the article. A couple of clicks and the site functionality is in your hands: clutches, demos, throwing grenades, match analysis and much more! Scope.gg - we know everything about your stats and a little more!
Do you want to learn more about the spray from other guns in the game? Subscribe to our newsletter by clicking the button below ;)